Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 31 August 2018 2018-08-312018-10-30 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced ETL Designer to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. This is a permanent role based in Northampton
About Data Technology (Cards and Payments COO)
Data Technology scope, design and build stable, secure, cost-effective and automated Data process solutions, they are the Go-To Team as subject matter experts who understand our data and provide guidance on data processing from core systems to data stores, and supporting analytic and reporting tools.
Utilising proven solutions and adopting Open Source technologies, the team deliver in an Agile manner across the Data lifecycle, from acquiring data to making it available to users and use with data visualisation tools. The team enable provision of data to MI, Reporting, Analytics, Insight and Data Science communities to maximise the Business value of our data. The team help drive strategic change projects – from consultancy through requirements definition, solutions designs and flows, source to target mappings and support test and live-proving throughout SDLC and Agile lifecycles.
- Develop data processing /ETL and data flows in high quality, concise design documentation, including: source to target mapping, data manipulation / processing logic.
- Contributions to stage 0 (+-50%) estimates, and remain accountable for the design through all phases of project lifecycle (build, testing through into live implementation).
- Design reusable solutions that adhere to pre-defined patterns as outlined by Portfolio Design Lead and/or architecture teams.
- Ensure that the build outcomes delivered by our teams are consistent with design alignment to requirements.
- Contribute to the preparation of project plans & RAID logs with ADM, other functional designers and development teams.
Essential Technical knowledge and experience
- Knowledgeable and skilled at the practice of data driven design solutions.
- Understanding of ETL and data flow concepts and able to bridge the gap between business and system requirements
- Understanding of ETL tools
- Awareness of other key technologies in the platform like WMB, JAVA, Teradata, Hadoop will be helpful
- Experience of designing strategic reusable solutions with focus on functional and non-functional requirements
- Keeps in touch with evolving technologies and strategies
- Represent team technologies and capabilities in required forums
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations with perseverance and professionalism
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organized presentations
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion to line manager