Senior Risk Developer
Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 29 August 2018 2018-08-292018-10-28 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Risk Developer to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. This is a Permanent role based in London
Asset Financing risk developer - The candidate will work with Repo Risk and Analytics IT team as a business facing front office developer with strong maths/quantitative skills.
- Development (60%). Hands-on coding of enhancements required for curve construction, risk generation and PnL reporting. Good understanding of Fixed Income instruments, Equities financing and Repo business.
- Business facing and L3 support (40%): Support monitoring and troubleshooting of both production and non-production environments.
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
- Provide key role in architectural vision & leadership to build sustaining platform
- Work in collaboration with business partners to build long lasting and high quality services to our clients
- Demonstrate strong influence and conflict management skills as well as talent development and expectations management skills.
Decision-making and Problem Solving
- Handle production issues in matured way; provide/implement tactical solutions to minimize impact to business followed by strategic solutions
- A detailed hands-on experience of the top-to-bottom technologies of the stack or equivalent development area
- Final say regarding technical decisions in a collaborative team based approach.
- Owns the overall solution design that the team is working on
Essential Skills/Basic Qualifications:
- Database: Oracle
- Languages, at least one of; Java, Perl, C++, Python, Oracle SQL, Excel a plus
- Preferred: knowledge of Fixed Income instruments, Asset Financing, Repo, Analytics, Risk, PnL.
- Communication skill: Business facing and must be able to communicate and interact effectively with business users, product quants, project managers and IT stakeholders.
- Must be well organized and able to meet stakeholder delivery commitments.
- Experienced in supporting production environment, resolve all possible issues proactively.