Senior Developer - Funds Technology
Salary £70,000 - £85,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 29 August 2018 2018-08-292018-10-28 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Developer within Funds Technology to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. This is a Permanent role based in Glasgow.
We are looking for a Senior Java developer who can take ownership for the whole end to end delivery, performing analysis, design, coding, testing, and maintenance of large-scale and distributed applications.
The successful candidate will be a highly motivated team lead and is likely to have significant experience in application architecture, design and development, a strong technical background and good communication skills. He/she will interact directly with the users and with other technologists across the firm when using their framework/software.
- Server/UI side development - Work with projects team and business to understand the requirements, doing the analysis and coming up with project plan.
- Design the architecture and participate in the implementation of the project - Build functionality in an iterative fashion with full unit and integration tests for each function.
- Continuously improving the quality of our systems and code base via best practices including code reviews and refactoring where necessary - Lead and mentor the team.
- Experience in the following technologies: Java 8, Databases (Sybase preferred), Middleware (Messaging/RESTful services)
- Sound understanding of Object Oriented Programming and familiarity with Design Patterns
- Hands on experience multithreaded systems
- Experience of iterative / agile development practices
- Exposure to working in a global delivery team
- Comfortable with direct interaction with the business users at all levels
- Agile development practice
- HTML5, Angular and other web related technologies.