Business Systems Specialist
Salary £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
Location City of LondonFULL_TIME
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 21 August 2018 2018-08-212018-10-20 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A leading Solutions Provider currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Systems Specialist to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology Practice.
Responsible for the development of software to support the investment team and the wider business. Provide the full application development life-cycle (analysis, design, development and support) for in-house applications.
- Development and support of the workflow system (CMS), including in-house and hosted platforms
- Analysis, design and development of applications, workflows, interfaces, databases and reports required by the business using Microsoft based technologies.
- Developer support for the investment business including applications, databases and interfaces
- Develop interfaces between investment software.
- Analysis of 3rd party workflows, developing enhanced workflows between system and data sources
- Development of applications to support regulatory reporting requirements
- Provide business analysis support to the Investment team to enable efficiencies
- Support of the implementation of a portfolio management and risk systems including development of interfaces to and from the system. Ongoing support of the system once implemented.
- Management of the SQL server environment, ensuring database maintenance carried out and performance is optimised
- Responsible for all database administration for the Authority covering SQL server 2012 and 2005.
- Undertake regular integrity checks of the CMS Workflow databases
- Investigate and fix reported errors ensuring change Management procedures are followed and are resolved.
- Ensure that all applications can run successfully within the VMware environment.
- Provide an effective support service for the organisation’s primary third party Business Systems in liaison with external suppliers as required.
- Good knowledge of software development tools used by the Authority, .Net framework (VB.net),VB, VBA, Crystal Reports and SharePoint.
- Demonstrable knowledge of web technologies
- Good knowledge of general IT systems/applications and the ability to adapt to use and support systems used within the organisation
- Demonstrable experience of using SQL database technology including stored procedures, SSIS, DTS, TSQL, triggers, functions, scheduled jobs, backups and database optimization.
Should the above be of interest, please apply ASAP!