Salary £65,000 - £75,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 31 July 2018 2018-07-312018-09-29 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced C++ Developer to join their growing but established Technology Practice. This is a Permanent Role based in London
The candidate will be expected to take ownership of the full development lifecycle – development, testing, deployment and 3rd level support
Design and develop code to meet requirements.
Key focus on scripting languages to assist with automation
Use well designed tests to exercise all new behaviour and check regression risk.
Understand tradeoffs among implementation options in terms of time to delivery, extensibility, and performance.
Make use of the latest toolsets to streamline the release and testing process.
Understanding of TeamCity, Bit Bucket, Jira and Agile development practices.
Identifying improvements to the production stack and ensure they are well represented in prioritisation forums.
Actively participate in discussions with our business users.
Research about the products and pricing methodologies.
Write coherent documentation which accurately translate business needs into technical requirements.
Support for Production Environment
Work quickly, often under pressure, to solve production problems with critical, analytical thinking. The candidate will participate in a support rota providing development support to business users.
- Confident working with C++, T-SQL, Git and scripting languages (e.g. Python or Powershell)
- Real-time pricing & risk application development experience in fixed income markets.
- Good understanding of fixed income products (bonds, futures, swaps), yield curve construction, pricing,
- Experience with network messaging systems, e.g. TIBCO SmartSockets and Solace, is also a plus
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and spoken communications
- Ability to prioritise work in a rapidly changing environment and deliver to tight deadlines
- Able to manage development projects independently and take ownership of work
- Have enthusiasm for the job and desire for growing your knowledge and skill set