Datastage ETL Developer
Salary £475 - £500 per day
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 23 July 2018 2018-07-232018-08-22 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
We are currently looking for an experienced Datastage ETL Warehouse Developer or Modeller
Datastage ETL Warehouse Developer
£500 Per day
We are currently recruiting for an experienced several Data Warehouse Developer/ ETL Developers. This is a fantastic and unique opportunity to be part of an agile delivery team that is accountable for building a new Data Warehousing capability. You will be responsible for the technical design and build of the Data Warehouse, taking business requirements and interpreting these to deliver a technical solution.
The Data Warehouse Developer role requires strong technical skills to support design and build activity alongside excellent communication skills to engage with all levels of the business.
- Demonstrate a sound technical understanding of Data Warehousing design using Ralph Kimball’s Dimensional Modelling technique.
- Working with the IBM InfoSphere toolset and Teradata RDBMS.
- Strong background in database design and development, following best practice to leverage database processing power, create reusable code and align to data model build standards.
- Proven experience in Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) development that adheres to principles set out for scalability, logging, scheduling, alerts, re-runability and dependency management.
- Experience of delivering solutions that align with Data Governance principles for Data Lineage, Data Quality and Data Security.
- Familiarisation of working within an agile environment, supporting iterative/incremental software development. Experience using other techniques such as SDLC, Waterfall, RAD etc. would also be advantageous.
- Experience working with IT disciplines such as the IT Infrastructure Library framework (ITIL) on large scale projects/programmes.
- Proven experience of delivering enterprise data warehouse solutions in a Financial Services environment.
- Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
- Superior attention to detail combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Key Technical Skills
- RDBMS: Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Netezza
- Languages: SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, C, Shell Scripting
- ETL Tools: IBM InfoSphere Data Integration (Data Stage), SQL Server Integration Services, Oracle Data Integrator, SAS Data Management
- Data Warehousing: Dimension Modelling (Ralph Kimball), EDW (Inmon), Data Vault
- Toolsets: IBM InfoSphere Information Server, Quality Stage, Governance Catalogue, Information Analyser, Glossary Anywhere.