Salary £75,000 - £110,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 19 July 2018 2018-07-192018-09-17 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for a Rad Developer to join their growing but established Technology Practice. This is a permanent role based in London.
The main focus of this role is the new generation Index Research and Development system. In the first phase the effort will be on providing tactical solutions for the index research activities of the Strategies desk, with the focus shifting to the strategic build out of the Index Research and Development system. This involves dealing with storing and analysing relatively large volumes of data. The main programming language will be Python.
The team overall employs some agile techniques (though does not adhere strictly to any specific agile methodology) and develops software in a variety of languages, but a lot is on Excel using both VBA and an in house functional programming language (FMD), there are also occasions to use some C# and C++. Equity derivative business knowledge would be extremely beneficial but is not a fundamental requirement for the role. But business knowledge in financial markets will be a requirement. The developer needs to interact with Trading, Operations, and Finance clients as well as team members
· Be technically proficient - knowledge of data structures, algorithms and general problem solving is required.
· Be proficient in one or more of C++, C#, Python, with Python being a preference
· If not proficient then at least some experience in development in Python
· Be comfortable facing off directly to the business.
· Be comfortable with rapidly changing priorities and short term projects.
· Be comfortable learning new languages.
· Proven record of developing scalable systems
· Knowledge of Equity derivatives.
· Knowledge of Exotic Equity Derivatives.
· Knowledge of functional programming (e.g. Haskell, F#).
· Proven ability to pick up and learn new languages on the job.
· Knowledge of databases & their SQL languages (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, PL/SQL, TSQL).
· Knowledge of COM.
· Knowledge Java.