Senioir Java Oracle Developer
Salary £500 - £600 per annum
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 22 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Currently looking fro an experienced Senior Java Oracle Developer working for an enterprise level organisation in Glasgow
Senior Java/Oracle Developer
£500-£600 Per Day
Robert Walters is partnering with a Global Consultancy organisation based in Glasgow, they have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Java/Oracle Developer Lead to work in the Global Rates Trade Processing team.
Primarily, the candidate would be working on the migration of Derivatives Trade Processing and Rates Derivatives Refdata functionality into the strategic Rates Risk Management Platform written in Python called Athena from existing Java-based systems used across the bank.
In addition, the successful candidate would be required to work on maintaining & enhancing the existing Java applications while the multi-year migration program runs in parallel. The current systems involve deal and event modelling, integration with financial markets infrastructure including MarkitWire, LCH, CME, Eurex, DTCC, as well as building out compliance to all the recent financial regulations from regulators around the world including CFTC (US), SEC (US), ESMA (EU), JFSA (Japan), HKMA (Hong Kong), MAS (Singapore) etc and requires a continuous investment due to the ever-changing regulatory landscape for the financial industry.
This is a critical area where throughput, performance and reliability are key elements. The successful candidate will be engaged throughout all stages of the SDLC including requirements analysis, design, development, testing and production rollout/support, and will be required to form key relationships with technical colleagues, business sponsors and other project stakeholders.
The successful candidate would join a team that functions in an Agile environment and the candidate would need to be familiar with Agile methodologies such as Scrum. We require the candidate to be proactive and self-motivating technologist with a positive attitude and with excellent team-working, communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Essential Technical Skills
- Database Design and Development - Oracle
- Object Oriented Programming and Design
- Solid understanding of patterns and other technical design standards
- Familiarity with complex distributed systems and managing system inter-dependencies
- Python scripting with diverse knowledge of standard and 3rd party libraries for data analysis, xml processing, connectivity.
- Extensive knowledge of Java development - Hibernate, Spring, WS-Rest, WS-Soap, JMS, Apache Mina, Apache Camel, XML/XPATH processing
- Experience of Agile Methodologies
- Experience of BPMN solutions - Oracle ALBPM
- Investment Bank or Financial services environment.
- Experience supporting Front office systems preferably Interest Rates Swaps.
- Reference Data knowledge across any / all types of data: Customer, Instrument, Regulatory and other Corporate sourced data (e.g. HR data, holidays, business centers, etc)