Front Office Java Developer
Salary £60,000 - £80,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Location City of London
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 21 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has exciting new opportunities for Java Developers to join their established but growing Technology Practice. These are permanent roles based in London
The role is for a Java Developer which will be building state of the arts solutions to support the onboarding of new pricing and risk models based on the Aleph Quant library. The project is made up of several streams of work, which range from engineering work such as performance tuning of intraday risk cycles and caching architecture improvements to functional development such as exposure of new risk scenarios, quants models integration, PnL calculations and explain, as well as real time UI features and data presentation. The role involves close interaction with quants, traders and valuation and pricing teams.
The candidate is expected to conduct in depth analysis on pricing and risk issues, and implement solutions in the form of Java server side components which support real time and end of day data aggregation and manipulation. Candidates are expected to take ownership of their development tasks from inception to delivery and sign off. They will demonstrate ability to deliver sustainable technical designs, estimates and timelines for the assigned requirements, and need to be able to quickly adjust and revisit these plans if and when business priorities change.
The team works within an Agile Scrum process and encourages end to end ownership of functional deliverables by each member of the team.
Person Specification – Basic Qualifications
- A strong academic background in software engineering.
- Experience in core Java (Generics, Collections, Multi-threading, I/O, Java 8 specific language knowledge would be a plus).
- Experience in building distributed systems
- Knowledge of Design patterns.
- Experience with implementing and understanding data processing patterns against data services (Join, Filter, Aggregate, Pivot, etc).
- Experience with building configuration driven systems.
- Good SQL knowledge and preferably experience with Oracle database.
- Understanding of distributed caching, preferably Oracle Coherence
- C#/.NET/WPF UI development experience plus.
Person Specification – Other Desirable Skills
- Knowledge of Equity derivatives
- Knowledge of Exotic Equity Derivatives