Oracle BI Publisher Developer
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 20 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
We are currently partnering with an ever growing Solutions Software provider and are looking for an experienced Oracle BI Publisher Developer
Oracle BI Publisher Developer
£45,000-£50,000 + Benefits
Robert Walters is partnering with a Software Solutions provider based in Cheshire, they have an exciting new opportunity for an Oracle BI Publisher Developer with great career progression, growth and working with the latest technologies
The company is in the early stages of deploying a new cloud-based billing and ERP system and require an experienced BI Publisher developer to lead on the design and development of a suite of BI reports required to support this new system as it is deployed globally. This will involve working closely with our business stakeholders and business analysts to understand complex business requirements and to deliver effective solutions that deliver against the programme objectives.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Designing and developing reports using Oracle BI Publisher.
- Working across the full development life-cycle and covering application support, development, support and system improvement.
- Designing and developing integration between core on premise and cloud-based applications.
- Thinking creatively to bring new ideas and concepts to the existing application.
- Estimating the time required to complete work, providing the finished items in-line with the original estimate.
- Ensuring quality delivery of software including creating documentation and completing testing and code reviews where needed.
- Taking full ownership and responsibility for applications developed providing ongoing application support if required.
- Strong experience working with recent versions of Oracle BI Publisher.
- Strong experience working within a small, highly skilled design team, and working to tight deadlines.
- Experience of working with Oracle database technologies.
- Exposure to the full development life-cycle, including requirement gathering/analysis, design, development, testing, Implementation and support.
- The desirable skills include:
- Experience of working with Oracle Financials ERP and knowledge of the financial concepts and underlying data structures.
- Experience of working with billing systems and/or creating invoices and associated reports.
Personal attributes will include:
- Ability to work across the full development life-cycle either individually or part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills and able to present information to management and other team members.
- High level of creativity with a pragmatic outlook.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Ability to deal effectively with rapidly changing requirements under pressure and prioritise workload to help maximise company performance and profitability.
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm to improve techniques, implement appropriate new technologies and transfer knowledge throughout the development team.