Lead JAVA Developer
Salary £50,000 - £56,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 11 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Blue organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Java Developer to join their established but rapidly growing Technology Practice.
The Developer role is responsible the production of high quality and fit for purpose application software. In this instance the role is for a Lead Java Developer responsible for the building of Java based applications.
The role involves working alongside stakeholders, testers and designers to take requirements and transform them into working, deployable applications.
It also involves leading less experienced developers within the team, and ensuring that they produce applications of the required quality.
Innovation and continuous improvement is an extremely important part of the role as well as being a role model to other team members and colleagues.
- Accountable for the production of high quality code on a personal level adhering to all software engineering quality standards / benchmarks.
- Collaborate and communicate with other developers to build technical solutions
- Responsible for inputting into technical decisions that require a strong understanding of the problem domains
- Provide technical advice and guidance to other team members
- Embrace innovation by actively advocating new tools, processes and technical developments to drive continuous improvement throughout the software development lifecycle by maintaining an in-depth understanding of relevant and up to date knowledge of applications and techniques
- End-to-end software development lifecycle
- Agile Software development techniques
- Test Driven Development and automated testing techniques and tools
- Knowledge of Object Orientated Programming/Design and associated concepts.
- J2EE/Java and Java based frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate, etc)
- WebServices / Rest / SOAP / Version Control Software (Git / SVN) / XML & JSON
- Deep understanding of the importance of code quality and the tools that can help the development communities monitor and maintain quality (e.g. SonarQube)
- Ability to work in a cross-platform environment (Windows, MacOS, Linux)
- Experience of working within a regulatory driven change environment
- HTML and associated Web Technologies.
- MicroServices/Domain Driven Architectures
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**