Senior Application Support Specialist
Salary £43,000 - £54,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 06 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A global Blue Chip organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Application Support Specialist to join their established but growing Technology Practice.
Overall purpose of role
The Application Support Specialist will perform a critical role in Application Support and Service Management with responsibility to ensure stability, continuity and availability of the application, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated user queries.
Application Maintenance and Support
- Takes responsibility for the technical solution to incidents, and problems
- Takes accountability for ownership and execution of all application related activities
- Ownership and prioritization of individual Incidents and ensuring the delivery of solutions in line with the Operational Level Agreements
- Support the handover of new or enhanced software into business-as-usual (BAU) operation
- Owner of a group of individual Service Improvement items and responsible for their implementation.
Desirable Technical Skills
- Java Support Knowledge
- aPaaS Support Knowledge
- Basic knowledge of Mutual authentication and SSL Certificate Installations
- Good knowledge of Unix
- Good knowledge of Oracle/Mongo Database
- Application/production support experience and ITIL process flow
- ITIL v3 certified
*Should the above be of interest, please apply immediatley to recive a more detailed job specification*