Junior Software Engineer
Salary £20,000 - £30,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 31 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has an exciting new opportunity for a Junior Software Engineer to join their growing but established Technology Practice. This is a Permanent role based in Cheshire
· To contribute to the software development for one or more applications / products
· To maintain a technical understanding of a component or sub-component
· To ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the applications / products.
· Provide input to end-to-end system technical designs that involve applications / products
· Provide updates to end-to-end system design components
· Understand the various phases of the software development lifecycle.
· Support the handover of software into business-as-usual (BAU) operation.
· Assist in the identification, management and resolution of any software-related Risks, Assumptions, Issues and Dependencies (RAIDs) that may impact UK RBB.
· Strong level of experience in IT software development
· Exposure to COBOL, CICS, DB2 or IMS DB/DC would be a distinct advantage
· Exposure to Large-scale blue-chip organisations, ideally within financial services
· Software development methodologies (waterfall or agile) would be an advantage