Junior Android Developer
Salary £20,000 - £35,000 per annum
Consultant Jack Donohue
Date posted 11 May 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Evestor are looking for an Junior Android Developer combined with additional broad technical interests.
Evestor is a new online advice tool for savers and investors and we’re making financial advice accessible to everyone. We're committed to helping people better manage their day-to-day finances and plan for a secure financial future - all at a fair price. We're looking for a skilled Junior Android Developer to help us push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.
The ideal candidate will have a commitment to good engineering practices, an interest in mobile platforms, experience of working in an agile development environment and be comfortable working collaboratively with other developers and members of the QA team. Successful candidates will be able to demonstrate a track record in delivering to deadlines and show a willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced environment.
Junior Android Developer key responsibilities:
- Take user stories and translate them to functional code – through a full development lifecycle
- Work with our QA team to ensure clarity of requirements and acceptance of completed work
- Develop brand new exciting features for different areas of the platform
- Build reusable components and libraries for future
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Taking ownership of and pride in the features which are being developed
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and how they might be used for product improvement
- At least 2 years Java app development experience for the Android platform
- Experience working with JSON, using Gson or similar
- Demonstrable interest and/or experience in RxJava or similar
- Pro-active and self-motivated
- Keen attention to detail
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- An understanding of code versioning tools, e.g. Git or TFS
- Interest in app design / UX
- Examples of self-driven development e.g. projects or learning outside of work