Salary £50,000 - £70,000 per annum
Consultant Anne Jacob
Date posted 18 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
This role is within a prestigious bank with an advanced analytics team with access to cutting edge technology and innovative projects within Financial Markets. Excellent opportunities to develop your career. Your responsibilities would include being a part of a Dev Ops team which builds a sophisticated, distributed analytics engine, run testing of built components.
- Degree (Preferably Maters) in Software Engineering / AI / Computer Science/Machine learning.
- Production grade coding in languages like Scala and Python.
- Hands-on experience (or proven willingness to learn) developing, tuning and managing distributed systems and clusters for both batch as well as streaming data.
- Good Understanding of Open Source Software tools like Kafka and Hadoop.
- Proven knowledge of building complex data pipelines, e.g. ETL;
- Solid understanding of databases and used SQL and Cassandra or Druid or CouchDB or InfluxDB.
- Strong Linux and used GIT;
- Interest in deployment and provisioning automation tools like Docker, Openshift, CI/CD
- Good understanding of networking and security, authentication and authorisation (LDAP / Kerberos / PAM)