Systems Administrator/ Engineer
Salary £48,000 - £58,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 16 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
This global financial orgainsation is looking for a Lead development tools Engineer . Systems Adminstrator/ Engineer
Systems Administrator / Sytems Engineer
Due to the growth within this Global organisation an Engineer to join their Development Tools Team which owns and supports the key strategic Agile and DevOps Tooling used by Operations and Technology teams across the Organisation.
You will be responsible for
- The delivery of development tool related services to technology teams and users across all operating units.
- Specifically for this role, delivery of services for Enterprise Architecture, Database Development, Continuous Integration/Deployment, Code Quality Analysis and Binary Artifact Repository services.
- Being a specialist in development tools tech including Linux/Unix, Python, Sonar/Jenkins et
- Strong product knowledge for architecture, design, database, continuous integration, code quality analysis and binary artefact tools. This should include knowledge of how the tools are deployed and administered including underlying middleware and infrastructure components.
- Example tools – Jenkins, SonarQube, Nexus.
- Strong domain knowledge of software developer roles and responsibilities
- Experience in administration and monitoring of Windows/Linux systems, implementation of Nagios checks, se of Unix monitoring tools (sar, iostat, vmstat).
- Highly fluency in agile and lean based working practices and team environments.
- Proficiency in technical authorship and technical training.
- Practical experience of object oriented scripting/development: Python, test-driven development, Windows batch programming and shell scripting.
- Experience developing against common APIs (HTTP, REST, SOAP, LDAP, ODBC, COM, etc.)