Senior Middleware Engineer
Salary £48,500 - £56,000 per annum + 10 % Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 28 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services Organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Middleware Engineer to join their established established but growing Technology Practice. This is a Permanent position based in the Fleet
Risk and Control Objective
- Risk and Control: All colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Policies and Policy Standards
- Expert knowledge of administration of RedHat products, especially RHEL 6 & 7, JBOSS EAP 5/6/7 and JBOSS Operations Network or equivalent.
- Good exposure to RedHat FUSE and OpenShift platform is required
- Knowledge of the ITIL framework, vocabulary and best practices
- Expert in working with Vendor technical support staff, including vendor development teams
- Expertise in defining technical plans and procedures
- Expert in Configuration Management with a strong background in Scripting.
- Expert skills and a desire to automate functions
- Experience of RHEL, JBOSS and Apache performance tuning and capacity management on critical customer-facing systems and high-volume payments services
- Experience of working in a highly regulated environment and the associated processes and tools
- Have a strong working knowledge of infrastructure components and the processes required to maintain the infrastructure
- Have a good understanding of the business areas and application / service components used and an appreciation of applications from both a technical and business perspective.
Desirable skills/Preferred Qualifications:
RHCSA minimum – RHEL 6
Proven experience with Automating operational processes and build processes using tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Jenkins, Artefactory. Continuous integration/deployment advantageous.
Strong Middleware configuration skills with JBoss EAP 5/6/7. Must have a firm grasp of best practice, performance tuning, troubleshooting
Strong emphasis on CHEF skills, including writing deployment and test scripts
Good working knowledge of Apache/mod_cluster/mod_proxy/mod_jk and JBOSS EAP 5/6/7
Basic Java development skills advantageous.
Experience supporting Java applications
Good troubleshooting skills around application performance and deployment.
Strong skills in developing monitoring solutions
Experience working with cryptographic services and content
As part of this role you may be required to work outside of normal office hours including weekends, this could be in The Logic Group premises in Hampshire or in various data centre environments. All technical operations engineers are required take part in out of hours support via an on-call rota.