Group Head of BI
Consultant Ajay Hayre
Date posted 08 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
The Head of BI is responsible for the successful and organised deployment of management information and intelligence into the business community. Accountable for influencing, leading and building relationships across all business functions by demonstrating the advantages of BI throughout the enterprise.
Wiggle inspires everybody, everywhere, everyday; to experience the joy of sport. Wiggle is an online retailer of Cycle, Run, Swim, Triathlon & Outdoor product, in over 100 countries. With offices in Portsmouth (UK), Wolverhampton (UK), Taipei (ROC) and Sydney (AUS), Wiggle are a truly global company; with multi-language websites, customer services, and free worldwide delivery.
As the Head of BI, you will be a recognised expert within the organisation, providing expert technical advice and leadership, analysis and data interpretation for tasks that could have a significant impact on business decisions that shape the future of WiggleCRC. Responsible for the strategic direction and planning of BI strategies and embedding an analytic culture across the enterprise through curiosity, collaboration and the desire to use data for decisions.
This leader is the primary advocate of the capabilities of the BI function ensuring that BI is viewed as a key information asset across the organisation and governed accordingly. Ability to quickly gain an in-depth knowledge of the WiggleCRC organisation, operations and processes will be critical to its success.
Group Head of BI key job responsibilities:
- Line management of 2/3 colleagues. Technical Business Analyst, Oracle Reporting Analyst, Data Engineer.
- Provide cross functional support across other roles within the BI team.
- Supporting existing and future projects including the integration of a single analytics platform (Big Compute).
The outputs that this job must achieve over the next 6 – 12 months, which correlate to the accountabilities.
- BI Adoption/usage across the organisation
- # Certified dashboards deployed
- # Certified Analysis deployed
- Data Availability – ETL completion
- Average analysis response time
- Data Accessibility – WOBI available
- # BI Pages in Confluence
Group Head of BI key job requirements:
- Strong voice for the needs of the BI function in the BI ownership group
- Assured management and collaboration of 3rd parties to ensure the BI platform delivers timely and accurate information to the organisation
- Ensure the accuracy, availability and performance of certified dashboard and analysis
- Uphold explicit governance principles for new analysis, balanced against existing priorities and set expectations accordingly
- Accountable for all BI projects including stakeholder engagement, resource allocation, budget, risks, issues, dependencies and reporting status
- Collaborate with Data Architect for efficient design and roadmap for the BI platform
- Provide a centre of excellence able to educate employees, tutor teams on correct analytical methods and assist individuals when crafting arguments using data
- Collaborate with the Data Governance team to design and maintain common standards, definitions values and metrics
- Empower colleagues to advance the company using data instead of opinions
- Leverage the various tools available, including Oracle Big Data, to further move the team into the delivery of ‘proactive’ analytics.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Oracle BI 12c
- Oracle Enterprise Manager
- RPD development experience
- Advanced SQL and PL/SQL skills
- Collaborate & partner with the business
- Technical awareness/acumen
- Managing a quality service
- Deliver quality at pace
Data has become an increasingly important driver for performance and growth within a digital organisation. WiggleCRC has committed to a connected approach for how it handles, secures and derives value from its data, reflected by its investment in a BI and Analytics function that will apply a strategic use of analytics across the organisation.
If you would like to apply for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com