Consultant Shereen Norris
Date posted 30 January 2017
An opportunity has arisen for a Java Developer to work in an exciting and dynamic environment for a digital commerce organisation. You will enjoy working within a team and solving challenging problems that address consumer and social buying behaviours. We are looking for a core java developer who is passionate about Java and wants a hands on position.
- Creating technical specifications and implementation plans for code
- Ensure the highest levels of quality in development through test-driven development and continuous integration.
- Undertake technical testing of new releases
- Contribute initiatives to improve the software development process.
- Understand the impact of performance, stability and availability for mission-critical systems.
Essential skills / Experience
- Experience working with one or more of the following database systems – Oracle, Postgres, MongoDB
- Proficient using one or more of the following tools – Eclipse, IntelliJ, JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Jenkins, Git
- Demonstrated expertise in unit testing and tools – JUnit, Mockito, JMock, JMeter
- Knowledge of design patterns and software architectures
- Understanding of Waterfall and/or Agile methodologies
- Proficient in many of the following technologies – Java, J2EE, REST, JBoss, Tomcat, JDBC, SOAP
- Presentation and teamwork skills
- Customer communication skills
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Ability to identify, deliver and drive improvements and innovations within the development department
- Experience in the travel or retail industry would be an advantage
If you are looking for a new opportunity to join a market leading digital commerce organisation as a Java Developer in Central Manchester then I encourage you to apply. You will be working as part of a fun, hardworking team in brand new open space offices. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who is willing to be exposed to different technologies, international clients and both waterfall and agile environments. You will be rewarded with great quality work, an excellent salary and market leading benefits.
Please send your most up to date CV to email@example.com or apply below.