Senior Java Developer
Salary £35000 - £60000 per annum
Consultant Jack Donohue
Date posted 18 January 2017
A Senior Java Developer opportunity opportunity has arisen in Manchester city centre, paying a fantastic Salary up to £60,000 & great benefits package. You must have skills in Java, JIRA, Eclipse & Oracle aswell as J2EE. The Senior Java Developer role will allow you to use your vast knowledge and experience to its full. You will be working in a team orientated environment with a focus on delivering high quality solutions with a predictable cadence.
The constant attitude for continuous improvement is a must along with a customer first outlook. Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers, our technology platform offers our clients and customers an outstanding experience. It combines pricing, shopping, order management and customer insight providing an evolution in digital travel commerce.
Datalex is working with some of the globe’s most recognised travel brands and reach a market place of over one billion customers. We always strive to take the next step in our desire to be the best and as such have a new opportunity for a Senior Software Developer, with Java experience, to join us in Central Manchester.
The Senior Java Developer role will allow you to use your vast knowledge and experience to its full. We are looking for someone that has a great passion for innovation and problem solving.
Key Responsibilities For The Senior Java Developer
- Being strongly team focused with a collaborative outlook
- Mentoring junior developers and generally improving code quality
- Meeting internal and external stakeholders to discuss technical or business requirements
- Ensuring the highest levels of quality through test-driven development and continuous integration
- Innovating and driving improvements in the software development process
Skills And Experience Required
- Preferably more than five years experience working on large, complicated software applications
- Experience of either Oracle, Postgres or MongoDB databases
- Strong knowledge and ability with at least one of the following technologies: Eclipse, IntelliJ, JIRA, Confluence, BitBucket, Jenkins or Git
- Expertise in unit testing tools: JUnit, Mockito, JMock, JMeter
- Knowledge of design patterns and software architecture
- Knowledge of Agile and Waterfall
- Very good knowledge and skill with: Java, J2EE, Rest, JBoss, Tomcat, JDBC and SOAP
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
We recognise that people are one of our biggest assets and we want the best. You will play a crucial role in driving out brand forward. Datalex is a market leader in digital commerce for travel retailers. The Datalex Commerce Platform enables a travel marketplace of over one billion shoppers covering every corner of the globe, driven by some of the world’s most innovative airline retail brands.
Its customers include Aer Lingus, Air China, Air Malta, Air Transat, Brussels Airlines, Copa Airlines, Delta Air Lines, Edelweiss Air, Hainan Group of Airlines, HP Enterprise Services, JetBlue Airways, Lufthansa Group, Philippine Airlines, SITA, STA Travel, Swiss International Air Lines, Virgin Atlantic and Virgin Australia. The company is headquartered in Dublin, Ireland, and maintains offices across Europe, USA and China. Datalex is a publicly listed company and is listed on the Irish Stock Exchange (ISE: DLE).
Please click to apply.