Lead Data Engineer
Salary £80000 - £95000 per annum
Consultant Max Johnson
Date posted 22 November 2016
A leading global investment bank based in London is seeking a Lead Data Engineer to join their Advanced Data Analytics function. As the Lead Data Engineer you will be responsible for the continuous adoption of innovative, leading edge data technologies, tool sets and methodologies within the bank. Ultimately, you will be driving the Data Engineering elements of data propositions, aimed at driving improvements across the business.
- Lead a diverse set of disruptive data initiatives across the bank
- Engage with the wider data communities and share best practices
- Design and implement data warehouse based solutions using Hadoop, dealing with both structured and unstructured data
- Perform extensive data integration, data manipulation and data modelling
- Translate business requirements and designs into technical implementations
- Work very closely with data proposition managers, data scientists and developers
- Support the analysis of new sources of data to provide insight
- Enable the application of advanced analytics
- Provide expert consultancy to stakeholders across the business
- Profound experience of Hadoop including: Implementing Big Data solutions, Cloudera Stack, Cascading
- Core programming including: Java, Scala, Bash, C / C++
- Dev Ops experience
- Knowledge of advanced analytics / insights techniques such as predictive analytics, machine learning etc.
- Previous experience within a similar data engineering role
- Proven leadership qualities
- Strategy development, problem solving, leadership, governance and business innovation
The London Financial Services landscape is one of the fastest growing areas for advanced analytics and, as a lead data engineer within one of the leading institutions, you will be at the forefront of that growth.
If you are interested in the role, contact me on 02075098968 for more information. Alternatively, apply to the role online.