Salary £20000 - £29000 per annum + 15% shift allowance
Consultant Ajay Hayre
Date posted 28 October 2016
A new opportunity has arisen with a market leading technology solutions business, which specialises in the design and delivery of bespoke applications across multiple financial service sectors. As part of the growth and development they have a vacancy to hire an Applications Specialist to based in the Solihull offices paying a salary up to £29,000 plus 15% shift allowance.
As an experienced Applications Specialist you will ensure the delivery of services and application to a diverse customer base. Furthermore you will carry out maintenance and optimisation of databases whilst reviewing trends of performance through monitoring and working to agreed service levels.
Applications Specialist – Role Duties:
- Monitoring hosted customer applications
- Strong application support experience
- Troubleshoot monitoring alerts
- Service and Change requests on applications
- Maintenance / Optimise across applications
- Use variety of tools to identify root cause
- Highlight and configuration of monitoring systems
- Identify severity and impact of incidents
Applications Specialist – Background:
- Experience of a ITIL framework
- SQL, Scripting, Java, Database backups/restoration, transaction logs, indexing
- SQL, Queries – Command level
- SolarWinds, Dynatrace (Advantageous)
- Knowledge of Application Layer services
- SQL/DB2 Databases
The permanent opportunity for a Applications Specialist will pay a salary up to £29,000 plus 15% shift allowance and benefits.
If you feel you have the experience to meet the requirements and would like further information, please contact me on 0121 260 2524.