Consultant Max Johnson
Date posted 26 October 2016
A leading global investment bank is looking to grow their development team within the risk and analytics division in London. As a senior developer, you would play one of the key roles in the construction of a big data platform to consolidate data and functions, following data architecture principles. In a wider team of 25 individuals, you will be 1 of 5 of the most senior developers, therefore paving the way for the direction the banks big data platform is developed.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
- Define, design and implement solutions within the core area
- Design and implement a parallel data processing workflow rules engine, providing abstraction across Spark, queuing mechanisms in Kafka and, rest services and interopts with Java
- Build a big data platform spanning across Front Office and Risk functions
- Ingest and manage data from multiple sources, utilising a number of different technologies
- Define and run business processes
- Face off with multiple areas of the business, including data architects
Technology Toolsets and Frameworks:
- App Tier: Scala, Spark, Akka, DataFrames, Clojure
- Data Tier: Hadoop, Impala, HBase, Gridgain, Alluxio, Zookeeper
- Reporting: QlikView
Key Skills Required as a Senior Developer:
- Strong functional development skills
- Advanced experience across Hadoop (or other big data platforms), Spark and Scala. This is imperative
- Knowledge of functional reactive programming
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Experience with the creation of domain specific languages
This is one of the first cross functional teams to be created within the Investment Bank, and as a Senior Developer you will be at the forefront of the wider project. Within Financial Services there are very few businesses that have such an advanced platform and development team.
If you are interested in the role, contact me on 02075098968 for more information. Alternatively, apply to the role online.