Software Project Manager
Salary £35000 - £50000 per annum
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Mark Armstrong
Date posted 04 October 2016
An opportunity has arisen at a market-leading Manchester based organisation for a Software Project Manager to lead and manage a growing team of technology driven software engineers responsible for producing innovative new products and supporting existing systems.
About the Software Project Manager role
In this hybrid Software Project Manager/Development Manager role, you will play a key role in developing strategic plans to move projects forward effectively and efficiently to produce robust industry leading products. You will strive to get the best out of your team and continually improve the quality of service provided.
In addition to strong management capabilities we also require someone that has retained strong development capabilities as the nature and size of the business will require at times an all hands on deck approach to meet customer expectations.
Key Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with a range of software development processes and ability to assess the right tools for the job
- Experience of managing a small team of software engineers with a broad range of skill sets
- Able to demonstrate operational efficiency and delivery of successful software projects
- Demonstrable experience of developing commercial software on Linux based platforms
- Strong knowledge of multiple software languages, including C/C++/.NET
- Knowledge of Linux based server software and database systems e.g. PostgreSQL
- Some experience with electronics and low level device drivers would be beneficial
This diverse role would be ideal for someone that is looking to keep their edge in the development arena while retaining management responsibility over a dedicated team. This role will challenge the holder to wear many hats in a social and close knit environment and as such is fairly unique in a job market that more often than not seeks to pigeon hole people into purely management or development roles.
For more information about this Software Project Manager role please call Mark Armstrong on 0161 240 7476 or apply via the website.