Director of Data Science EMEA
Salary £150,000 - £200,000 per annum
Consultant Mark Eltringham
Date posted 13 July 2022london information-technology/data-science-analytics 2022-07-13 2022-09-11 it London London GB GBP 150000 200000 200000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A leading provider of Enterprise AI software for accelerating digital transformation are seeking a Director of Data Science EMEA. The business is responsible for delivery of a family of fully integrated products within the deep AI and ML space at an enterprise level. The core of our offering is an open, model-driven AI architecture that dramatically simplifies data science and application development.
- Manage a team of 30+ data science managers and data scientists; provide continuous guidance, feedback, and mentorship. Lead by example and set high standards for the team.
- Research, design, guide, implement, and deploy Machine Learning algorithms for enterprise applications leveraging the Suite.
- Scope, clarify ambiguous work efforts and provide guidance to solve difficult problems. Lead teams and team members in projects and Products work to overcome challenges, and to resolve blockers and issues.
- Assist and enable our customers to build their own applications on the our AI Suite.
- Strongly contribute to the design and implementation of new Products features of the AI Suite and AI Applications. Establish or update processes to improve productivity and increase synergies.
- Effectively collaborate, prioritize work, and align on objectives with US, EMEA and APAC Customer Solutions, and Products leadership.
- Contribute to making AI a great place to work, and foster a culture of excellence and professionalism.
- Contribute to projects and products Marketing collateral with a focus on Data Science.
- Lead by example and demonstrate AI core values in day-to-day activities.
- Grow the data science team by actively leading recruiting efforts for the EMEA and APAC regions.
- Support sales and pre-sales activities in the regions.
- MS or PhD in Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Optimization, Econometrics, Operational Research, or equivalent.
- 7+ years of professional experience applying ML, ideally in a customer facing role and/or Products related role; 10+ year of total work experience.
- Exceptional team and people leader with prior experience managing people directly.
- Deep understanding of common ML techniques (regression and classification, timeseries analysis, supervised & unsupervised learning, and deep leaning).
- Strong mathematical background (linear algebra, calculus, statistics, optimization).
- Strong coding skills in Python (or similar object-oriented programming language).
- Ability to drive a project and work both independently and in a team.
- Smart, motivated, can-do attitude, and seeks to make a difference.
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about our customers industries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English.