Consultant Mark Eltringham
Date posted 20 November 20192019-11-20 2020-01-19 pharmaceuticals London GB GBP 40000 60000 60000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
The Data Scientist will provide data-driven insight and recommendations to drive commercial value and to enable a wide range of strategic business decision processes. This will be achieved by developing, implementing, and managing models to optimise our sourcing approach, drive business growth, reduce waste and support automation across all areas of the business.
- Ability to work across the development lifecycle from prototype to production of ML models to resolve business issues.
- Apply various analytical techniques, statistical algorithms and machine learning techniques to support business development & growth.
- Provide deep dive into specific business area and translate data into actionable insight e.g. drawing actionable insights and explaining in a tailored way to your audience.
- Conduct analysis across a data set to simulate scenarios and apply different business models.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on statistical analysis and communicate technical results effectively to a variety of audiences, including those with a non-technical background.
- Masters Degree or Phd in a Mathematics related field.
- Hands on experience with analytics packages (Python or R preferred) and application of modelling techniques and machine learning.
- Strong level and experience in data query language/tools (e.g. SQL, Alteryx).
- Experience with database technologies and concepts (Oracle, Teradata, SAP HANA, DB2, PostGres, SQL Server).
- Good general business acumen.
Additional Knowledge & Skills
- Experience with visualisation tools such as Tableau, Qliview, SAS, Business Objects & Power BI.
- Strong experience of Excel with skills in V-lookups, pivot tables, reporting and macro programming.
- Experience with Big Data Technologies.
- Experience with data performance optimisation.
- Experience of Life Sciences/Pharmaceutical desirable.