Big Data Engineer
Salary £50,000 - £59,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 17 September 20192019-09-17 2019-11-16 it Glasgow Glasgow GB GBP 50000 59000 59000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
This is a fantastic opportunity to joon a growing team at this global financial organisation
Big Data Engineer – This is a new opportunity available for a Big Data Engineer to join this expanding Surveillance development team in Glasgow. You will be involved in holistic surveillance build out which will require excellent knowledge and hands-on experience in big data technologies
What you will be doing?
• Architect, design and develop analytical model using Big Data Technologies like Hadoop, Spark/Scala, Hive, python, Kafka etc.
• Build graph ingestion process and support graph User-Interface development using DataStax, Gremlin, D3, Angular.
• Design robust code from the point of view of performance, reuse and supportability, proper controls, consistent with best practices and with appropriate documentation.
• Support migration of Hadoop cluster which includes migration of feeds, ETL processes (Ab-Initio), scripts, Autosys and machine learning models/code.
• Implement organization mandated SDLC /Agile processes and built in controls for consistent delivery.
• Demonstrate proactive and independent attitude while identifying or approaching a problem. Show ability to identify the root cause, coming up with an efficient solution and if needed appropriately escalate issues & risks.
• Discuss requirements and testing details with Tech Lead, Data Scientist, QA and business stakeholders.
• Possess good business domain knowledge in Compliance, Financial Crime and Financial Services.
• Hands-on experience as a big data developer with a proven record of multiple successful deliveries.
• Experience with Hadoop or Spark/Scala or Python
• Experience in a variety of database technologies mainly Hive, Impala, Oracle or SQL server
• Good understanding of analytics and machine learning algorithms.
• Experience working with global team which included Data Scientist, Business analyst and developers.