Senior SQL Database Administrator
Salary £45,000 - £52,000 per annum
Consultant Leah Shannon
Date posted 31 May 20192019-05-31 2019-07-30 it Merseyside Merseyside GB GBP 45000 52000 52000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk https://www.robertwalters.co.uk/content/dam/robert-walters/global/images/logos/web-logos/square-logo.png
A growing and innovative company based in Merseyside are looking for an experienced SQL Server Database Administrator to join them. You will be working within a collaborative team environment where you will have a good offering of technical and development opportunities.
As the SQL Server focused DBA, you will be offering your expertise to the infrastructure team working closely with Software Development and Data function. This will include offering your expertise and understanding of Database design and administration, maintaining this to a high standard. You will have strong knowledge of SQL Server and Database infrastructure concepts.
Your Key Responsibilities as the DBA:
- Overall maintenance of the SQL estate
- Ensure performance and database operation is maintained and up and running smoothly
- Running of SQL querying and troubleshooting
- Performing backups and verifications, migrating data when required for projects
- Working closely with other teams to ensure SQL estate is readily available. (Including data, development and test)
Ideally, your core skills will incorporate the following:
- MS SQL Server:
- T-SQL knowledge
- Understanding of SQL Backups
- Reporting knowledge - SSRS
- Windows Server Management / Backup System management
Backup and Replication (desirable)
(Any VMWare experience also desirable)
This role comes with fantastic opportunities. If you have experience in SQL Database Administration and a knowledge of SQL then please get in touch for more information leah.shannon@Robertwalters.com - and apply directly for consideration.