Big Data Developer
Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 29 March 20192019-03-29 2019-05-28 it Glasgow Glasgow GB GBP 50000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
Overall purpose of role
A fantastic position has become available for a Big Data Technology Developer to work within the Risk Assessment development team within this Global Financial organisation
You must possess excellent knowledge of Hadoop, Hive, and Spark to design and implement solutions for use of objective data to enable better decision making in the application. You should be able to make architectural design decisions. Have a sound knowledge and a desire to keep up to date with the rapidly evolving world of Big Data technologies
You should have experience implementing in-house solutions and vendor solutions
- Senior Big Data Developer responsible for design, build, test, and delivery of the ETL/Data delivery.
- Displays technical leadership/oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, ongoing data validation processes, code review, quality assurance, operations, and sustainability.
- Design and develop solutions from the point of view of performance, reuse and supportability, consistent with best practices and focus on appropriate documentation.
- Able to perform environment configurations and infrastructure setups and collaborate with other infrastructure teams to complete the task.
- Assist the Application Architect in producing the end to end technical design for major changes, performing analysis and design tasks as required
- Active contributor to the Agile Way of Working and ceremonies (planning / stand-ups / retro etc.) to ensure high velocity is maintained.
- Assistance as required in the requirements determination for system enhancements and changes
- Ensuring code written meets the predefined company and department standards
- Providing support and defect resolution during SIT, QA, and UAT test phases
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with global team members, different infrastructure groups, and business stakeholders
- Strong experience as a Big Data developer using Hadoop, Python, Spark, UNIX, Autosys, and Java/Scala..
- Strong database technologies, (e.g. Hive, Impala, SQL Server, NoSQL), including loading large data sets and optimizing large complicated database queries
- Hands-on technical lead experience managing a small sized development team for in-house and vendor tools
- Experience in environment configurations and infrastructure setups for in-house and vendor tools.
- Some experience with reporting tools, e.g., Tableau
- Some experience with developing Angular or equivalent framework based applications and developing web applications using HTML5, CSS3
- Proficiency and experience with DevOps tools for source code repository/branching, automated test and release, e.g., GIT, Nolio, Nexus, TeamCity, Selenium/Protractor
- Experience with working in an Agile/Lean environment