Senior Application Support Specialist
Salary £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 16 January 2019 2019-01-162019-03-17 it Halifax West Yorkshire GB GBP 30000 35000 35000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A Global Insurance Services Organisation currently has an exciting new opportunity for an experienced Senior Application Support Specialist to join their growing but established Technology Practice. This is a permanent role based in Halifax
What would you be responsible for in this role?
- Ensure the monitoring and alerting tools are available 24x7x365, maintained, tuned and upgraded.
- Provide real time monitoring information on infrastructure, application services and Application Performance Monitoring supporting Production, Quality Assurance, and Development environments in 24x7x365 operations.
Experience and knowledge
- 12 months or more practical experience of SolarWinds Orion Platform with the following modules:
- Database Performance Analyzer
- IP Address Manager
- NetFlow Traffic Analyzer
- Network Configuration Manager
- Network Performance Monitor
- Server and Application Monitor
- Storage Manager
- Virtualization Manager
- VoIP and Network Quality Manager
- Web Performance Monitor
- Application Performance Monitor
- Practical experience in installation, upgrade and maintenance of the Orion platform and its modules including AppOptics.
- Experience of Application Performance Monitoring preferably based on AppOptics.
- Excellent skills at diagnosing and troubleshooting complex technical issues both correctly and quickly.
- 12 months or more practical experience in a monitoring / alerting / event management role
- Rigorous attention to detail.
- General understanding of SQL
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Discretion and initiative in dealing with matters of a confidential or sensitive nature.
- Ability to communicate and influence at all levels
- Experienced in the use of Microsoft Office application suite
- Experienced in meeting Service Level Agreements
Nice to have
- Experience with application and database technologies
- Appreciation of web based technologies preferred
- General understanding of development code preferred
- ITIL foundation qualified, preferred but not essential
- Demonstrable TRIAGE skills.