Application Support Specialist
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum + 10% BonusFULL_TIME
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 08 November 2018 2018-11-082019-01-07 it UK
A Global Blue Chip organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experience Application Support Specialist to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology Practice.
The Application Support Specialist will perform a critical role in Application Support and Service Management with responsibility to ensure stability, continuity and availability of the applications, in addition to providing rapid response to incidents and escalated user queries.
- Technical Support and Maintenance of the Business Service and Applications.
- To maintain a broad, end-to-end technical understanding of one or more components within an application / service, being recognised as the ‘go to’ person for incidents and adhoc.
- Hands-on and should be able to work independently and if required guide team mates.
- Manage and own the successful handover of change into the support environment.
- To ensure that the technical integrity and quality of the applications / services is maintained across their lifetime, supporting external areas in the development of any technical changes being proposed
- To use system-specific knowledge and technical expertise to assist external areas in the definition of technical strategies where appropriate.
- Own maintain and track incidents through their entire lifecycle
- In depth working understanding of Microsoft SQL Server storage management, log shipping, cluster management, etc
- Functional knowledge and experience developing/supporting a workflow based Application
- Web Services, Knowledge of WSDL
- Advanced T-SQL
- ITIL v3 Foundation
- Significant experience working within an ITIL environment
- XML /XSLT
**Should the above be of interest, please apply in order to receive a more detailed job specification**