Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 27 September 2018 2018-09-272018-11-26 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Blue Chip currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Application DBA to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology Practice.
Overall purpose of role
You will be required to lead the delivery of data and database solutions spanning multiple application teams and technologies, providing support throughout the end-to-end data development lifecycle.
- Skilled in the database administration of DB2 databases and proficient in database design on other mid-range DBMSs with proven experience of the techniques and tools used across the development lifecycle
- Experience in relational database design, with data modelling and in the build, performance tuning, implementation, housekeeping and live support of mid-range database system components of Operational (OLTP) systems
- Contributing to the development of data and database standards and ensure conformance to these standards.
- Utilise proven database development experience in leading the data element of projects to influence technical and delivery strategy
- Review data access requirements to ensure they are sufficiently comprehensive and detailed
- Liaise with multiple delivery teams and external suppliers, and lead the coordination of data design in confirming requirements for system, backup and other requirements
- Define the optimum approach for the technical development of a project
- Managing the development and testing Database environments
- Ability to manage the project data lifecycle from data requirements through to deployment
- Ability to liaise with Data modellers and other in the development of data requirements
- Mainframe database and non-mainframe database skills
- Highly developed skills in troubleshooting and problem correction
- Formal certification in a database technology is desirable
- Experience in mainframe database technologies
- Experience in DevOps techniques and technologies
- Skills in associated Database programming languages such as PL/SQL, SQL
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**