Salary £55,000 - £60,000 per annum
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 18 September 2018UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Solutions provider currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Oracle Developer to join their established but rapidly expanding Technology Practice.
You will join a team responsible for the design, development and maintenance of an in-house Oracle systems, working through the full development lifecycle.
You will have exposure to both Oracle Forms and Reports. You must also have experience using PL/SQL and ideally you will have some exposure to DBA activities such as creating tables and triggers. Familiarity with Oracle APEX or other Oracle technologies is also an advantage.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- Working across the full development lifecycle and covering Application Support, Development and System Improvements.
- Designing and developing Oracle Forms/Reports and PL/SQL packages and procedures.
- Thinking creatively to bring new ideas and concepts to the existing application.
- Estimating the time required to complete work, providing the finished items inline with the original estimate.
- Ensuring quality delivery of software including creating documentation and completing testing and code reviews where needed.
- Taking full ownership and responsibility for applications developed providing ongoing application support if required.
- Strong experience of working with a small, highly skilled design teams, and working to tight deadlines.
- Experience with Oracle Forms and Reports 6i minimum.
- Experience of working with Oracle database technologies, in particular SQL, PL/SQL, Packages, Procedures, Functions, Triggers and Views
- Exposure to the full development life-cycle, including requirement gathering/analysis, design, development, testing, Implementation and support.
- Exposure to additional database technologies, Postgres, MySQL.
- Oracle ODI, ICS and BI Publisher
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration, Configuration Control and change management systems (e.g. Jenkins, Mercurial, Jira).
- The ability to confidently construct viable project plans/documentation and report to managers.
- Experience of Agile development using Scrum methodology.
- Experience using Subversion version control.
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**