Data Modeler - Infra Services Data
Salary £60,000 - £72,000 per annum + 10% Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 17 July 2018 2018-07-172018-09-15 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Global Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Modeler to join their growing but established Technology Practice. This is a Permanent role based in Cheshire
As a Data Modeler you will lead the effort across related data architecture domains to further develop and implement data practices across its portfolio of applications and programmes. This role will work with the IT Service Management leadership, IT service owners, process owners and various service delivery groups to develop technical solutions that satisfy the business needs of the bank to a high quality, in conjunction with other members of the Architecture & Engineering teams.
- Create and maintain a logical model of data - with a specific focus on ServiceNow Data.
- Production of technical standards and guidelines for data design and models. Identifying and assessing associated technologies.
- Highlight (and help to resolve) disparity and ambiguity in current usage.
- Recommend changes to physical data models owned in line with best practice.
- Review the system landscape through a data architecture lens, identify opportunities to simplify and harmonise, reduce redundancy and so on.
- Provide architectural and design oversight to ensure all solutions are fit for purpose and use.
- Analysis and ratification of requirements in-line with current agile delivery process
- Work closely with BA’s, Architects, Testing team and process teams
- Strong practical experience with data models, data flow diagrams, capturing and using meta-data, metadata modelling, relational databases and bridge forward/ bridge back data techniques
- Solid understanding of how a technology infrastructure organisation works, the concepts, functions and typical systems.
- Exposure to the follow key modules in ServiceNow is required:
- Certified ServiceNow System Administrator
- Certified ServiceNow Application Developer
- Certified ServiceNow Implementation Specialist
- ITIL v3