Data Warehouse Modeller
Salary £450 - £500 per day
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 20 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Currently looking for several Data Warehouse Modellers for our large enterprise level organisation in Gloucestershire
Data Warehouse Modeller
£500 Per day
We are currently recruiting for an several experienced Data Warehouse Modellers. This is a fantastic and unique opportunity to be part of an agile delivery team that is accountable for designing and building a new Data Warehousing capability. You will be responsible for the technical design and build of the Data Warehouse, taking business requirements and interpreting these to deliver a technical solution.
This role is for a Data Warehouse Modeller with the opportunity to also learn Developer ETL skills to become a multi-skilled individual. It requires strong data analysis and modelling skills to support design and build activity alongside excellent communication skills to engage with all levels of the business.
• Demonstrate a sound technical understanding of Data Warehousing design using Ralph Kimball’s Dimensional Modelling technique.
• Experience in analysing and modelling data demonstrating an understanding of interaction between different data sources. Designing, documenting and delivering dimensional models as part of a data warehouse solution.
• Experience with InfoSphere Data Architect (or similar modelling tool) to capture logical design, physical design and ultimately build of DDL scripts to create the data warehouse.
• Exposure to Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) development with an interest in being a multi-skilled talent across Modelling and ETL.
• Experience of delivering solutions that align with Data Governance principles for Data Lineage, Data Quality and Data Security.
• Familiarisation of working within a formal System Development Life Cycle, particularly agile or iterative/incremental software development. Experience using other techniques such as Waterfall, RAD etc. would also be advantageous.
• Experience working with IT disciplines such as the IT Infrastructure Library framework (ITIL) on large scale projects/programmes.
• Proven experience of delivering enterprise data warehouse solutions in a Financial Services environment.
• Excellent stakeholder management and communication skills.
• Superior attention to detail combined with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Key Technical Skills
• Data Warehousing: Dimension Modelling (Ralph Kimball), EDW (Inmon), Data Vault
• Toolsets: IBM InfoSphere Information Server, ERWin, IBM Information Governance Catalogue, IBM DataStage.
• RDBMS: Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, DB2, Netezza
• Languages: SQL, BTEQ, C
• Operating Systems: Linux, Unix, Windows Server