Lead DBA (Oracle/SQL)
Salary £450 - £550 per day
Location City of London
Consultant Alex Taylor
Date posted 20 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Lead DBA (Oracle/SQL) required for a 6mth contract based in Central London (Near Liverpool St Station) applicants must be available at short-notice and have a good mixture of Oracle & SQL Server experience. As a Lead DBA (Oracle/SQL), your job will be to assume full responsibility for this function within EMEA. Your skillset and extensive knowledge in this area should allow you to perform the role with limited guidance from our DBA team in the US, but of course, support is always available. The ideal candidate will have at least 10 years’ experience in a similar Lead DBA role, preferably from the financial services or banking industry.
- Lead the DBA Function in EMEA, but have knowledge in the other area mentioned throughout this spec
- Manage all technical escalations to global team, knowledge share regional improvements and drive continuous improvement
- Plan and implement technology infrastructure improvements in line with global strategy
- Work with application partners and infrastructure peers, participating in all aspects of the change process including: execution, workflow management, escalation, and planning.
- Support and monitor global infrastructure using a follow-the-sun model
- Interact daily with all internal stakeholders with regards to support issues
- Daily support as well as trending analysis of disk usage, memory, CPU, etc.
- Research and implement new technologies to solve specific product asks
Required Database Skills
- Experience in supporting RDBMS Oracle, MS-SQL Server databases in Production Environment Experience in Oracle RAC, Dataguard, Microsoft SQL Mirroring, HA/DR options
- Sound knowledge and experience in Oracle RMAN, SQL Server Backup/Recovery process Implementation and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, and Database Upgrades & VLDB Migration
- Demonstrable experience in supporting and managing many complex multi-server, multi-vendor, multi-technology infrastructures
- Experience with Incident Management, Root Cause Analysis and Change Control Processes for Production deployments
- Experience in progressing projects from technical design all the way through to delivery
- Solid scripting skills (Python, Perl, Bash, Ksh)
If interested in this Lead DBA (Oracle/SQL) in Central London please apply with your latest CV immediately or call Alex at RW on 01612147400