Data Process Solutiion Designer
Salary £41,000 - £56,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 01 June 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
We are currently looking for an experienced Data Process Solution Designer for a large level enterprise Financial Services company based in Northamptonshire with great rates of pay with fantastic career progression
Data Process Solution Designer
Salary negotiable + Bonus + Benefits
Robert Walters is partnering with a Global Financial Services Organisation based in Northamptonshire, they have an exciting new opportunity for a Data Process Solution Designer. The data technology team scope, design and build stable, secure, cost-effective and automated Data process solutions, they are the Go-To Team as subject matter experts who understand our data and provide guidance on data processing from core systems to data stores and supporting analytic and reporting tools.
A Key focus of the role will be working with Change & Technology Project Managers, Solutions Architects, and Enterprise Architects to understand data processing needs – ratification of technical requirement specs whilst using best practice methods for design and ensure consistency in approach to deliver quality and concise design documentation, as well as updating existing legacy documentation to reflect requirements.
Communicate designs documentation with the build teams for successful delivery, define and promote re-usable, scalable, maintainable design concepts along with guiding developers in the team and articulate a shared vision for design.
- Develop data processing /ETL and data flows in high quality, concise design documentation, including: source to target mapping, data manipulation / processing logic.
- Contributions to stage 0 (+-50%) estimates and remain accountable for the design through all phases of project lifecycle (build, testing through into live implementation).
- Design reusable solutions that adhere to pre-defined patterns as outlined by Portfolio Design Lead and/or architecture teams.
- Ensure that the build outcomes delivered by our teams are consistent with design alignment to requirements.
- Contribute to the preparation of project plans & RAID logs with ADM, other functional designers and development teams.
- Consideration for non-functional requirements ensuring impacts on infrastructure are highlighted within the designs. Alerting/monitoring solution for the project/service should be a part of the design.
- Design walkthroughs with development and test team. Handhold development team in the implementation of technical solutions, if required.
- Participate in the resolution of production issues where design is involved
- Contribute to service improvement – Responsible for preparing designs and supporting the implementation of problems records / improvements identified by service management.
Essential Technical knowledge and experience
- Knowledgeable and skilled at the practice of data driven design solutions.
- Understanding of ETL and data flow concepts and able to bridge the gap between business and system requirements
- Awareness of other key technologies in the platform like WMB, JAVA, Teradata, Hadoop will be helpful
- Experience of designing strategic reusable solutions with focus on functional and non-functional requirements
- Represent team technologies and capabilities in required forums
- Good problem-solving skills and logical thinker
- Delivers engaging, informative, well-organised presentations
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion to line manager