Salary £30,000.00 - £35,000.00 per annum
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Jamie Hayhurst
Date posted 03 April 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Our industry leading client are looking for an experienced, motivated and focussed Database Administrator to join their IT team on a permanent basis. The right candidate will be responsible for administrating and assuring the availability of Business Intelligence critical databases for the user base by owning and managing incidents, problems and changes assigned to the team to identify and resolve application software and database faults. As part of this process and that of continual service improvement, develop and implement solutions and minor enhancements. Additionally, this role involves Release management and transition of new service into live in a controlled manner.
Need to Know
• Strong T-SQL scripting skills
• Good understanding of Relational Database Management Systems
• Developing and Administration of Microsoft SQL Server Databases
• SSRS and SSIS development and deployment skills
• Understanding of Powershell
• General knowledge of networking, storage, software installation and management, and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
• Intermediate experience of incident, problem, change and release processes.
• Intermediate experience of working in an IT service support environment
• Experience of Service Management tools that incorporate Incident, Problem, Change Management Processes.
Need to do
- Incident management
- Problem management
- Change management
- Release management
- Service improvement
- Personal career, performance and development activities