Application Support (SQL/HyperV/PowerShell)
Salary £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
Consultant Mosi Brown
Date posted 29 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Application Support / Techincal Analyst / Application Analyst / SSRS / SQL / T-SQL / PowerShell / Apache / OpenSSL / Workflow / Web Security / ITIL / Liverpool / North West Our client, a leading financial services organisation, requires an additional Application Analyst to join the team in Liverpool. Salary up to £40,000 inc benefits.
Our client, a leading financial services organisation, requires an additional Application Analyst to join the team in Liverpool. Salary up to £40,000 with benefits.
As a member of the IT Business Partnering team, the successful candidate will provide specialist help to ensure appropriate support, maintenance, development and security of Microsoft based client communication systems and associated services, to meet the evolving needs of our clients users and their business.
You will be expected to maintain a good awareness of developing applications and technologies, evaluate the impact on existing services and systems architecture, and communicate this within the Technology & Change department and the business.
- Release management – plan, test and implement new software releases following version upgrades, minor enhancements or change introduced as part of project delivery.
- Investigation and support of issues affecting all systems which fall under the responsibility of your assigned team, including systems forming part of Development, UAT, DR and Live environments.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for projects & minor enhancements which impact those systems under your responsibility. Provide advice and guidance to project managers and other colleagues while working as part of a project team in order to deliver the requirements of the project.
- Responsible for maintaining good third party vendor relationships, in order to resolve issues, including hosting on site visits from those suppliers.
Ideally, you will have strong skills and demonstrable experience in the following:
- Business application support and management
- Server management in an enterprise environment
- Support of applications hosted on Microsoft SQL Server 2012/14/16
- T-SQL – Querying databases, scripting
- Support of applications hosted on, and the management of servers built on Microsoft Windows Server 2012/16
- Management of Hyper-V and virtual servers
- Software transition and release management.
- Vendor management
Experience of the following would be desirable:
- PowerShell scripting
- Client Reporting Solutions
- Apache Tomcat
- Apache HTTPD
- OpenSSL, PKI, Ciphers
- Workflow based applications
- Web security
- Data Integration and reporting
- ITIL v3 qualified.
- Financial services background