Data Governance Manager
Salary £400 - £500 per day +
Location Greater Manchester
Consultant Alex Taylor
Date posted 29 March 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Data Governance Manager required for a 9-12mth contract based in Greater Manchester working for leading client. Data Governance Manager Location: Greater Manchester Contract: Up to 12-month contract Rate: £400-500 per day Interviews: w/c 09/04
Data Governance Manager is required ensure our customer and asset data, and the supporting business processes, meet the needs of our customers, staff and the business. They will also drive and support related business improvements to meet our corporate objectives and customer service aspirations. This will involve working closely with colleagues across the business, including those in Customer Services, Asset Management and Business Change.
- Ensure efficient and effective processes and controls are in place for the creation, improvement, maintenance and assurance of Customer Services and Asset Management data.
- On behalf of data owners ensure internal controls are in place to protect our data and promote high standards of data quality.
- Be aware of potential Data Protection implications with the data we hold and escalate any issues identified.
- Ensure the Data and Business Improvement Team maintain effective communication with other teams within Management Information, Health & Safety and IT.
- Be a source of technical advice and support for data management and associated business controls.
- Be a visible champion of effective data management and data quality, influencing colleagues across the business.
- Experience of working effectively with multi-disciplinary teams.
- You’ll need to be used to working with complex data with a sound understanding of risk management and in particular the risks that arise from data and how these can be mitigated.
- Proven ability to redesign processes and achieve improvements in internal control, data management and process efficiency.
- Excellent communication skills necessary to understand the needs of internal customers
- A sound understanding of risk management and the risks that arise from data and how these can be mitigated.
- Experience of working with complex data and an understanding of the needs of internal customers with respect to data.
- Enthusiasm and a passion for driving improvement.
- Working knowledge of best practice in data management, data conventions, data protection and process design.
If interested in this Data Governance Manager vacancy please apply with your latest CV or call Alex at RW on 0161-214-7426