Salary Competitive salary
Consultant Jordan Stone
Date posted 13 February 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Wiggle has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit an experience Database Administrator. As a Database Administrator, the successful candidate will join an established team and oversee the day-to-day management of all SQL databases across the organisation.
Wiggle inspires everybody, everywhere, everyday; to experience the joy of sport. Wiggle is an online retailer of Cycle, Run, Swim, Triathlon & Outdoor product, in over 100 countries. With offices in Portsmouth (UK), Wolverhampton (UK), Taipei (ROC) and Sydney (AUS), Wiggle are a truly global company; with multi-language websites, customer services, and free worldwide delivery.
Being active in the great outdoors is a great way to get people together, create a sense of fulfilment and enjoy life. Wiggle’s aim is to give as many people as possible the choice to access-cycling and tri-sports; to experience aforementioned benefits for themselves. Wiggle’s staff live the brand. Being cyclists, runners, swimmers and outdoor enthusiasts; they share a love of sport.
Database Administrator key role responsibilities;
- Day to day management of operational database environments
- Provide technical input when capturing and analysing requirements
- Analyse systems to identify problems and trends and propose technical solutions to optimise system performance and usability
- Ensure agreed OLA’s are adhered to
- Provision of out of hours support
Database Administrator key role requirements;
- 5+ years of experience in database development and support in Microsoft SQL Server (MSSQL) environments.
- Experience and Knowledge of supporting and maintaining an enterprise Database platform with a main focus on SQL Server 2005/2008/2012.
- Experience and Knowledge of database Integration Services
- Experience and Knowledge of using and configuring enterprise database monitoring solutions
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving MSSQL integrity issues, performance issues, blocking and deadlocking issues, replication issues, log shipping issues, connectivity issues, security issues etc.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Query Optimization, using Performance Monitor, SQL Profiler and other related monitoring and troubleshooting tools
This Portsmouth based role is paying a market leading salary, plus benefits. Along with providing the successful candidate the opportunity to develop their skills within a market leading organisation.
To discuss the role in more detail, please apply with an updated CV and contact Jordan Stone on 0121 260 2501.