Head of Data
Location West Sussex
Consultant Marcus Blackburn
Date posted 20 October 2016
Southern Water is a private utility company responsible for both water and wastewater services for Kent, Sussex, Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. The Head of Data role is a newly emerging position which reflects the strategic role that data will play in Southern Water’s transformation to a world class data driven, customer centric organisation.
Reporting to the Director of Strategy, you will be responsible for the exploitation of all Data and Information to improve the strategic position of the organisation and the overall customer experience. Additionally you are responsible for the creation and implementation of data governance capability for the management, use and continuous improvement of reporting and analytics.
The incumbent will act as a technology evangelist and actively assess the disruptive value of emerging solutions to support the development plans of Southern Water and drive service improvement within existing customer offerings.
Key accountabilities will include
- Exhibit visibility, presence and passion for data within the business and industry
- Own the design and delivery of the corporate vision and strategy for Data and Information including the creation and evolution of a robust corporate KPI model
- Create and maintain a Data Governance approach that incorporates Master Data Management, Metadata Management, Data Quality and standards implementation for data management whilst ensuring extreme agility in the delivery of services
- Develop a position as the trusted advisor to the CEO and Board for all Data and Information opportunities and issues within the business with a focus on the potential for disruptive technology to drive improved business performance and enhanced shareholder value
- Partner with all areas of the business and drive the development of ideas for greater exploitation of data within the organisation
- Create a culture within the business that ensures and assures that data and information is valued and managed as a key corporate asset
- Enable and enhance the ability of the business to conduct progressively complex data driven business analysis
- Act as the evangelist for Data technology and actively support EMT with supplier/ vendor selection and management
- Build a comprehensive understanding of the regulatory impacts for all markets on the corporate Data Strategy
You will be the key resource leading and evolving all things data, helping drive a culture that is data lead, defining data strategy, data classification, data quality and regulatory reporting. They will need to demonstrate proven data management experience at a senior level along with a track record of successfully driving transformational change across large, complex data landscapes with different reporting and analytics requirements.
A professional qualification, degree or post-graduate degree in IT or a data related subject would be an asset. In addition, you will have the ability to represent and understand the perspective of all internal and external stakeholders.
To apply for this role, please forward your Curriculum Vitae to Marcus Blackburn at Robert Walters.
Email: Marcus.Blackburn@robertwalters.com or call for a confidential discussion on 0161 214 7400.