Salary £30000 - £85000 per annum + Excellent benefits package
Consultant Lee-Roy Fredericks
Date posted 30 September 2016
A Tier One Investment Bank based in London are currently seeking a Analyst and VP to join their Data Services Team. The team ensures the Investment Bank is compliant with the Group Data Policy and coordinates the implementation of standards and governance that are critical to both regulatory requirements and Structural Reform.
About this Data Services role:
The Data Services Team sits within the Investment Banking Chief Data Office and is responsible for driving data governance within the Bank.
The team acts as the primary face-off with the Programs and Functions that the Chief Data Office supports, and is responsible for developing a strong understanding of their data requirements so that the team can help them effectively navigate the data landscape within the Firm. The team is also responsible for promoting education in Data Governance within the IB.
- Oversee daily team operations, including design and execution of strategy, workload management, monitoring of team performance and continuous development of individuals within the team
- Engage with senior representatives across Functions, Business and Programs, and establish a defined book of work that will address all their data requirements
- Facilitate Data Governance across the organisation. Identify all critical data elements and ensure they receive the required level of attention. Drive Data Ownership, and orchestrate the creation of Data Entity Standards
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the data requirements of all Functions and Programs supported by the team, and assist with stakeholder navigation of the data landscape
- Promote education in Data Governance
Key Skill Set:
- Experience working in an Investment Banking data related role, i.e. Data Architecture, Data Analytics, Data Quality, Data Governance etc.
- Strong Investment Banking industry experience, or engaging those businesses as part of a market leading consultancy (Big 4)
- Excellent stakeholder engagement and proven working experience within a large global data oriented team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
This Global Investment bank needs no introduction. This is an excellent opportunity for a data driven candidate looking for the next step in their career.
If this role is of interest to you please apply below or contact me directly.