Business Service Manager
Salary £37,000 - £55,000 per annum + Bonus
Consultant Nick Morrissey
Date posted 20 February 2019 2019-02-202019-04-21 it Edinburgh Edinburgh GB GBP 37000 55000 55000 YEAR Robert Walters https://www.robertwalters.co.uk
A Global Financial Services Organisation is currently looking for a Business Service Manager to join their Growing but Established Technology Practice. This is a permanent role based in Edinburgh.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Digital Banking and Service Management
The core purpose of the Technology Operations team in CIO is to manage the IT services, spanning service management, contract management, IT financial management, cross-entity governance and data operations.
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented and enthusiastic individual to join the CIO Technology Operations team as a Service Manager in the CIO Service Management team.
This is a role that would suit someone who thrives on variety, has experience of IT Service Management disciplines and who is interested in working closely with our Group IT colleagues.
In this role, you would be responsible for managing the end to end IT services in collaboration with the third party providing the IT service. You will be required to manage IT services closely, with a particular focus on adherence to ITIL best practice, to ensure the business outputs are delivered to the right quality and cost and any technical issues are dealt with quickly and with minimal impact to internal and external customers. You will be responsible for building and owning the relationship between business areas and IT Service providers during project phases to ensure that IT services are delivered into an effective and tested IT Service Management operating model.
Ideally, you’ll already have these skills and experience:
- Ability to operate calmly under pressure with a complex and diverse stakeholder environment; build and maintain effective relationships
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills especially under pressure
- Experience of Digital Banking Services including desktop and mobile banking services is essential.
- Financial Services industry experience
- Financial Services Technology experience essential
- Knowledge of ITIL best practice essential, with a strong focus on Incident Management
- Strong Stakeholder Management skills, up to Board level essential.
- Positive and outgoing personality
It takes more than just skills and experience. You will:
- Coordinate and manage ITIL processes – with a particular focus on incident management - across the Digital and Telephony Units and external 3rd party service providers to agreed SLAs and KPI
- Assume responsibility for handling major incidents and escalating to the Head of Service Management and the Bank Incident Operations when required. Including out of hours support on a rota basis.
- Support wider IT Incident Management and ITIL process reporting (KPIs and customer SLAs)
- Assist in driving Service Management best-practice and ITIL process standardisation
- Define and own continuous IT service improvements plan with business partners and 3rd party IT suppliers.
- Work with business area partners to impact assessment of planned technical changes prior to implementation to ensure minimal impact of change.
- Managing regular, operational meetings to maintain and monitor performance of the IT Services
- Monitoring technical Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) where SLAs or KPIs are not met, ensure this is visible and service improvement plans are created and delivered.
- Ensuring all IT changes are introduced to live through a formal Service Introduction processes, minimising impact to the live service.
- Develop a strong Subject Matter Expertise of Business IT services and how this delivers to positive customer experiences to our customers.
- Building a strong working relationship with the relationship teams, both domestic and abroad.