Salary £50,000 - £55,000 per annumFULL_TIME
Consultant Elicia Hermitt
Date posted 07 November 2018 2018-11-072019-01-06 it UK
My client, a leading online retailer are looking for an experienced Technical Analyst to join their Mobile Apps team in Manchester City Centre. They’re looking for an experienced, technically minded and passionate Analyst to join their Mobile App team working on delivery and future enhancements of existing brand apps and to also play a vital role in migrating future apps onto their new transformed Hybris platform.
Working closely with the Product Owners, you will help produce clear and concise stories onto a backlog of work for the development team to deliver. Experience working within an agile environment is essential.
- To support the product owners in creating user stories and detailing the acceptance criteria.
- To confer with the product owners and other IT staff to gain an understanding of the end to end changes required to all applications and integrations associated with the users’ stories.
- To produce detailed technical designs, use cases and wireframe mock ups, where required; working with the UI and delivery teams to ensure that the product owners’ acceptance criteria is met. Contributing to all phases of the development lifecycle, as required.
- To ensure that designs are in compliance with architectural guidance
- To support system testing, working alongside a dedicated test team.
- To work with other IT staff to provide a clear and achievable estimate of timescales involved in delivering all agreed user stories, and to monitor progress against estimate.
- To ensure compliance with the company software configuration management policies, the company change management policies and the company GDPR policies.
- To analyse the application scalability and performance requirements and ensure that change is designed and implemented in such a manner to preserve or improve business SLAs. In addition, ensuring that corrective action is taken to resolve any issues arising.
- To provide regular feedback to the mobile app team of all activities that you are engaged upon and escalate any constraints, risks, issues, dependencies or slippage in a timely manner.
Skills and attributes:
- The ability to demonstrate experience of working in a complex, integrated environment across multiple technologies
- Experience of working within a mobile app delivery environment, in the retail sector is advantageous
- Agile delivery experience is essential, with experience of the following technologies preferred: JIRA, Confluence, AWS, Webservices, SOA, XML, WSDL, JSON, J2EE, Endeca, Fatwire, Hybris, Algolia, Firebase
- Capability to remain positive when under pressure, and who can demonstrate strong stakeholder management skills
- Proactive and collaborative team player, who enjoys working with people from across the organisation
- A computer science based degree would be preferred, but not essential
- 3 years’ experience working in the same or a similar role
This is a great opportunity based in a bright and vibrant workspace in the heart of Manchester City Centre, offering fantastic training and development opportunities. They offer a great competitive salary with excellent benefits package and a flexible working environment which helps you balance life priorities. If this role looks of interest – please apply!