Business Analyst ERP
Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Lorraine Carroll
Date posted 13 September 2018 2018-09-132018-11-12 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
ERP Business Analyst
ERP Business Analyst – This is a fantastic opportunity for a high level business analyst, experience in an IT software development environment who is keen to take their career further. Any experience in working with finance and billing systems and/or cloud technology would be extremely beneficial.
Key Role Responsibilities:
- The identification and documentation of business and system requirements.
- Documenting "as is" and "to be" business processes.
- Converting business requirements into technical requirements.
- Assisting with technical and process design.
- Working with internal software developers to provide fit for purpose solutions.
- Helping ensure appropriate test conditions are well defined and documented based upon requirements.
- Assisting with the production of training material for new systems / processes where appropriate.
- Building effective working relationships with operational and technical teams.
- Analysis and interpretation of data to evaluate progress and project success.
Working as part of an IT Project Delivery Team to deliver on time and fit for purpose solutions
- You will have demonstrable IT business analysis experience including knowledge of business analysis tools, methodologies and best practice.
- You will have requirements analysis and specification skills with an ability to understand associated system and cost impacts.
- The ability to translate business requirements into technical requirements using specialist tools where required.
- Broad commercial knowledge with sound business acumen.
- High level of communication influencing and negotiation skills, coupled with an ability to build relationships at all levels.
- Competent planning skills coupled with a high capacity to learn and the ability to think laterally and strategically.
- Knowledge of business process modelling using a variety of tools and techniques.
- Use Case identification and composition.
- Knowledge and experience of using both waterfall and agile development processes and techniques.
- Development of functional requirements through the use of facilitated workshops with business SMEs.
Beneficial (nice to have) skills/attributes include:
- Experience of working with finance / billing systems
- Experience of working with cloud technology
- Experience of designing system integration via APIs
Particular skills / aptitude required:
- Experience of working in a software development environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated with the ability to "hit the ground running".
- The ability to identify and then present relevant information to management and business stakeholders
- High level of creativity with a pragmatic outlook.