Senior Business Analyst
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum + Bonus + Benefits
Consultant Brett Mears
Date posted 07 September 2018 2018-09-072018-11-06 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
Currently looking for a Senior Business Analyst, 45-50K + Bonus + Benefits for a large Financial Services organisation based in Edinburgh
Senior Business Analyst
£45,000 - £50,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Robert Walters is partnering with a Global Financial Services Organisation based in Edinburgh, they have an exciting new opportunity for a Senior Business Analyst with great career progression with a large enterprise level business
The Senior Business Analyst role is to support and understand structures, operations, processes, product and service offerings, policies and systems as part of the CM&D team that then enables HSS to provide services to our Clients.
Business analysis allows the business to make the right choices in the changes it executes. The discipline identifies needs, captures and analyses requirements and contributes to the assessments and recommendations of options available to ensure the right solution is identified, agreed and progressed.
The BA will be required to impart subject matter expertise in the functional areas of Performance Data Management and Market Data along with strong analysis skills through the various stages of the project life cycle
Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
- Critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, abstract up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs.
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver artefacts as needed
- Utilize experience in using enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies required
- Leverage strong analytical and product management skills required to gain a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into applicable operational requirements
- Serve as the conduit between the customer community (internal and external customers) and the implementation team through which requirements flow
- Develop requirements specifications according to standard templates and standards
- Collaborate with implementation teams, supply lines and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyse trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Ex-Ante Risk experience with a track record of either having implemented a risk system or have supported it’s use either in the business or IT – highly desirable
- Knowledge of Bi-Sam’s B-One system or similar performance measurement technology and possess understanding of Data provision, Data cleansing and migration and be able to interrogate data relationships – highly desirable
- Performance Measurement and Attribution experience, with a track record of either having implemented a performance measurement system or have supported it’s use either in the business or IT – highly desirable
- Must be a strong communicator both verbal and written with a comprehensive understanding of content and context
- Displays good presentation skills and can tailor communication methods for the audience, environment and setting.
- Engages stakeholders proactively
- Is an active listener and displays good inter-personal and communication skills (differentiate by role complexity)
- Ability to build and maintain highly effective working relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties.