Salary £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
Consultant Mark Pugh
Date posted 29 August 2018 2018-08-292018-10-28 it UK Robert Walters United Kingdom
A Financial Services organisation currently has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Business Analyst to join their established but rapidly growing Technology Practice.
The primary function of this role is to extract and understand business change requirements, bring to life ideas, needs and proposals using a range of appropriate and targeted techniques including: interviews; workshops; site visits; use cases; business, task, process and workflow analysis.
Working closely with the business functions, document these requirements, capturing and assessing the business and system impact of the proposed changes in a structured way which will form the platform for IT or external supplier analysis and system design.
Also to produce and own the UAT testing documents and to lead UAT testing activity where required.
- Facilitate and manage meetings of the different parties to ensure that the optimum solutions for the Group are achieved
- Investigate operational requirements, problems, and opportunities, seeking effective business solutions through improvements in automated and non-automated components of new or changed processes
- Analyses business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches, typically seeking to exploit technology components
- Production of business requirements documents - identify all deliverables required to achieve the business objective/s to enable benefits to be delivered around client processes, services, people, data and technology
- Conduct business impact assessment to identify how the changes from the "as-is" processes, systems, and structures to the "to-be" processes, systems and structures impact specific organisations and roles
- Produce, contribute to and validate project proposals, terms of references, business cases, RFPs, business requirements, specification and scoping documents and other reports as required
- Have a solid understanding of systems testing practices and test development.
- Co-ordinate, support and where identified, lead User Acceptance testing to include such specific tasks as test script preparation; maintaining defects log and testing schedules
Strong awareness of Enterprise Technologies such as:
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM) solutions
- Core Banking / Wealth Management solutions
- Business Intelligence / Data Reporting solutions
- Experience of industry best practice such as Unified Modelling language (UML), Use Cases, and Business Process Mapping Notation (BPMN).
- Production of Test Cases for UAT.
- Good understanding of project management methodologies with some experience of project planning and scheduling.
- Proven ability of organising and facilitating detailed workshops.
- Extensive knowledge of process modelling techniques with the use of business modelling tools.
**Should the above be of interest, please apply immediately to receive a more detailed job specification**