IT Business Analyst
Salary £45,000 - £50,000 per annum
Consultant Edel Greene
Date posted 26 July 2018Robert Walters United Kingdom
Our clients Head Office in London is seeking an IT Business Analyst to join a rapidly growing Projects division which delivers on global requirements. The main focus of this role is to provide support in the Business Analysis capabilities to new and ongoing projects within the IT Systems department. The remit is global in nature, with many projects providing solutions for use in all countries within the group. This focus of the role will be to elicit and understand business needs within specific projects and ensure these requirements are captured and accurately translated into business requirement documentation. These outputs are usually referred to in the testing of the solutions to ensure quality assurance.
IT Business Analyst related duties:
- Elicit requirements using methods (but not limited to) interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, user cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis
- Critically evaluate information and processes gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details
- Proactively communicate and collaborate with external and internal customers to analyse information needs and functional requirements and deliver relevant project deliverables (Business Requirements Document; Functional Requirements Specification)
- Support the design and implementation of solutions to meet the defined customer requirements.
- Build trusting and productive relationships with the business and IT teams to deliver effective solutions based on a deep understanding of the business process
- Work independently with users/ stakeholders to define concepts and under direction of Business Change Manager and Project Manager (where applicable).
Skills and Experience
- Proven track record of delivery as an IT Business Analyst
- Strong analytical skills, particularly in relation to process and system analysis
- Excellent documentation skills with a strong attention to detail
- Clear communication and documentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders to extract the relevant information
- Ability to interact with senior stakeholders
- Excellent Visio, Word, PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Technical skills: UML modelling
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to juggle multiple tasks
- Good time management and the ability to work to tight deadlines and remain calm under pressure particularly during testing phases
- Enthusiasm, passion and energy
- Educated to Bachelor's degree level with a concentration in Business, Computer Science or a related field is desirable
With room to grow due to the scale at which the business is also growing, the IT Business Analyst will be pivotal to change over the coming years.
If you would like to apply, please contact Edel Greene (firstname.lastname@example.org) on 0207 509 8557 or apply via the link.