Lead Business Analyst
Salary £45,000 - £55,000 per annum
Consultant Andy Ward
Date posted 19 January 201811 Slingsby Place, St Martin's Courtyard London, WC2E 9AB Robert Walters United Kingdom
Lead Business Analyst Bolton £45K- £55K The Lead Business Analyst is responsible for Business Analysis deliverables on a program, multiple projects and/or small changes across the Group. The Lead Business Analyst supports the Leadership Team in planning and estimating BA activities whilst still being tasked with completing business analysis deliverables including leading the process of gathering, elicitation, prioritisation, tracking and documenting of business requirements, business riles and benefits/disbenefits identification.
Role Accountabilities include:
- Perform business analysis and/or systems analysis on high profile, highly complex and/or strategic business initiatives
- Liaise with Business Stakeholders at all levels to ensure common understanding of business objectives and scope
- Analysis of business processes and systems and recommendations for their improvement with the use of modelling and statistical research
- Lead impact assessment, scoping and estimating of analysis activity within the portfolio and small change initiatives
- Work with business representatives and stakeholders at all levels of seniority to elicit their business requirements, using appropriate techniques e.g. workshops, questionnaires, 1:1 interviews etc.
- Use a combination of business and technical knowledge , determine the implication of feasibility of system design and integration working closely with architects and developers
- Support Business Stakeholders in the design and development of business processes and business process re-engineering.
- Communicate proposed solutions back to business stakeholders to ensure these meet with the business requirement
- Guide and mentor less experienced Business Analysts across the Change and Development department.
- Capture risks, issues, assumptions and dependencies both at a project and requirements level and communicate as appropriate
- Support Business Stakeholders with Benefits Management; specifically helping them with identification, definition, planning, tracking and realisation of business benefits within projects
- Attend Customer meetings to understand how we can support customer needs and provide Business Solutions that deliver a best in class Customer Service.
- Contribute to the gathering of demand from Business Stakeholders and may undertake the role of Business Relationship point of contact for key stakeholders
- Maintain excellent awareness of industry methods, tools and techniques and recommend changes to the existing processes where appropriate
- Lead Business Analysis involvement for information and invitation to tender processes
- When production problems occur, respond efficiently and effectively to address issues to minimise business disruption.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience managing, coaching and developing a small functional team
- Experience in leading Business Analysis activity working with Senior Stakeholders
- Extensive knowledge of and experience in Waterfall and Agile business analysis approaches
- Demonstrable evidence of leading the analysis and documentation of complex operational processes and business requirements
- Experience using Business Process Modelling Notation
- Ability to work effectively across multiple change projects or change activities simultaneously
- Demonstrable Stakeholder Management skills
- Ability to think analytically, to deal with detail, and to extract and present relevant information concisely
- Ability to think creatively and generate innovative solutions
To apply for this role please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org